Wednesday 14 September 2011

The Outlawz Interview With The Source

Lets talk about Perfect Timing.
E.D.I - 'Perfect Timing' is what it is September 13th.
Noble - It was just time. The album was actually supposed to come out sooner. You know a few different situations we may have ran into but, picking a September date that was the most fitting one. You know and Perfect Timing symbolizes the Perfect Time for some real soldiers with a real story and a real message step to the forefront. We are the epitome of that.

Whats the overall outlook and creative vision of the album?
EDI - A little bit of everything that folks have grown to love from The Outlawz. Its got messages, its got street shit, the uplifting music and its 100% real. Its all real non of that extra shit we're not pretending to be anything were not.
Noble - This is our first official album with Fatal with us so thats a blessing. He brought his crazy energy and lyricism to the table. But as far as production wise we elevated, in the past we were more focused on the message rather then production. This is a great album from the beginning to the end.

Fatal your back with EDI and Noble. What retracted you back to The Outlawz?
Fatal - Man I was going to kill someone or someone was going to kill me. I was running around doing all of the wrong shit. So I gave Noble a call and it just so happened they were working on something, so I just jumped on the highway and bounced with one change of clothes. Guess it was PERFECT TIMING.
Noble - Just to add something to that. I grew up with Fatal, even going through riffs it was still all love. Like fuck rap, we bump together and I care about his well being and visa versa.

"Tupac Back" has streaked across airwaves and even spun remixes. Whats your thoughts on the younger generation of Hip-Hop making reference to Pac?
E.D.I. -  When I hear that, I feel its a tribute to Pac. All the work he put in and the message he put into his music. If he was just an ordinary guy we wouldn't see artists who were only 3 or 4 years old when he died making tribute to him.
Noble - I love hearing Pac's name being slinged from these ni**a's. When "Tupac Back" dropped folks were begging us to jump on that, told us that record needed us. We did our remix cause the streets were basically begging us. But to continue to hear his name on the radio and in the club, its a beautiful thing.
E.D.I - Yo the fucked up thing about it is had we done that record first or whatever the media would've said we were just riding off Pac's name. So I guess its better someone came before us and did it because I just don't want to hear the garbage that comes out of peoples mouths.

As veterans in the game, whats the Outlawz overall outlook on Hip-Hop today? 
Noble - Theres a lot of garbage in Hip-Hop today, but theres a lot good music thats being overshadowed by the garbage. That being said our music speaks for itself and we want the credit we deserve as true artists. Not just motherfuckers Pac rapped with. How many rappers you seen come and go in the past 15 years, yet the Outlawz are still here. More real then we ever fucking been. Time for people to just fuck with this real ni**a shit as they should.
Fatal - I'm going to sum it up, Hip-Hop is fucking dead. It use to be about the culture now its about all of this other shit. We need to do something to bring this shit back not just us but everyone. Done real talk... Done.

What do you think about if Pac was on Twitter?
E.D.I - I don't think Pac would be on Twitter. I don't think that ni**a would be into non of that shit. It probably would've been somebody else sending shit out for him.
Fatal - I think it might have been good for him to peace up any beef he might've had. Maybe Twitter would've kept him from going off on a record. Private DM's could've settled a lot of shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment